Caring, generous and compassionate volunteers complement our programs and aid us in our mission to provide care for individuals and families in our community who face chronic conditions, illness, death, and bereavement. We want volunteers from all walks of life, and welcome all volunteer inquiries. As a volunteer, the most important asset you have to offer is you!
To Become a Volunteer:
(1) Fill out an application – you can do this either in our electronic application or by downloading, printing and completing the NVHADS Volunteer Application.
(2) Call our Volunteer Services Manager, Mary Ellen Makowski at 707-258-9084 ext. 206, to make an appointment.
Our programs rely on dedicated, compassionate volunteers to assist with a wide variety of support services. Volunteers are thoroughly trained to work together with our professional staff, in the areas that they find the most rewarding:
- Patient Care Volunteer
- Spiritual Presence Volunteer
- Canine Assisted Therapy Volunteer (Pre-Certified)
Adult Day Services (ADS)
- Activities Assistant
- Therapy Aide
- Dementia Care Program
- Welcome Greeter
- Horticultural Therapy Volunteer
- Mind Boosters Volunteer
- Lunch Help
- Canine Assisted Therapy Volunteer
Transitions Palliative Care
- Support Volunteer
- Development and Fundraising
- Front Desk Reception
- General Office Volunteer
Our volunteers are required to provide proof of identification and complete a background check, LiveScan finger-printing, yearly TB skin tests and other medical requirements. In addition, volunteers must satisfy mandatory requirements for insurance, complete yearly in-services and ongoing trainings, and be determined to be a good fit with our organization.
For more information, please contact our Volunteer Services Manager, Mary Ellen Makowski at 707-258-9084 ext. 206.