Alzheimer’s Resource Center
As the only designated Alzheimer’s Resource Center for Napa County, Adult Day Services provides resources to those who have concerns, questions, or need guidance about a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s Disease or another dementia. Whether you’re looking for legal and financial advice, companion care, or meal delivery, our social workers can link you with community resources to assist you. We will help set up and coordinate the variety of support services you’ll need across the course of dementia.
Our Alzheimer’s Resource Center provides the following:
- Accessibility and availability of quality dementia care for those diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia
- Assistance for dementia patients to function at the highest possible level through therapeutic activities
- Provide respite relief to families and caregivers, enabling them to continue caring for the person with dementia in the community
- Support caregivers through counseling, family consultations, caregiver support groups, education, and training
- Training opportunities for students, professionals, and other persons providing care and treatment for this population
- Offer to the community resources, including a lending library, educational opportunities and information & referral
Free Family Consultations:
We offer free family consultations to those who have concerns, questions, or need guidance about a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia. Family consultations are available with a social worker on site, in the caregiver’s home or even by conference call if family members are not local.
- As part of the consultations families gain:
- An understanding of the disease and what to expect
- “How To” tips and tools to ensure safety, improve communication and manage the challenging behaviors that can be associated with the disease
- Education and training for the caregivers including referrals to individual counseling providers, free drop-in support groups and local respite care providers
- Access to our library of up-to-date resources on Alzheimer’s disease
- Referrals to other experts at Alzheimer’s Disease Research Centers for more comprehensive work ups if needed
Please call us to find out more about the Alzheimer’s Resource Center and our free family consultations–
we are here to help.